In the Bone's Revenge, Bone gains a huge boost of manhood. He finally crosses that line from childhood to manhood. Marching up into the mother ship, fornicating with Doc's woman Evening Star and proceeds to injure Doc's right hand man Jason. This may not be a rightful way to get revenge on Doc, but he made a statement. He expressed that The Bone is not a force to be reckoned with, that he is fully enlightened by Jah and is a follower of I-Man. Now, I don't see bone as the innocent little kid that he was. He now has turned into a hypocrite. He hated his father for his violent and drug nature, and now he is a violent man who has been in the drug business. He has turned into his own worst nightmare whether he wants to recognize it or not. I see the Bone now as a true example of how despite all outer influences, you can't change your own blood.
The author probably added this section to really illustrate the fact that emotions can control the person that we are until we independent. The Bone did all his violent actions in I-Man's name, but at what cost. Now he has cut off connections with his father so now there is nobody left for him to mooch off of. The Bone is now an individual, free of all other influence. The Bone has learned from all the mistakes of his peers and family, but also hasd ended up following in the footsteps of his peers. He is a living example of his past. He is a violent and revengeful person as his father is and a Jah-loving rasta like I-Man.
Yeah MON! Truuly EEExcellent:)
ReplyDelete